Wessex CofE Primary Academy will be a state-funded Church of England school for children aged 4-11 years which is proposed to open with two Reception classes totalling up to 60 children in the new communities being built at Highbridge, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset.
At a glance
- Inclusive Church of England primary school for children aged 4-11 years
- Nursery for 3 year olds
- Increasing choice and diversity for parents and helping to meet growing demand for places
- Rich and dynamic curriculum and wide range of enrichment activities
- Strong community focus – a new school in the heart of its community
- Family-friendly provision – underpinned by Christian values of inclusion, wellbeing and a commitment to celebrating and valuing the gifts of each individual child
Wessex CofE Primary Academy will support parents and carers as part of a family-friendly approach by making sure that fully planned, appropriate, and staffed alternative provision is available for those pupils who are opted out of acts of faith-based activities including collective worship. We aim to make a positive difference to the lives of all pupils and their families and cherish the quality of relationships between all stakeholders as a key indicator of school effectiveness.
We are currently working on our application through the free schools programme and expect to submit our application to the Department for Education (DfE) in the spring 2018. The opening of the school will be agreed with the DfE following a successful application.
To register your support, please complete the short form.