The vision for Wessex CofE Primary Academy is centred on offering all pupils the very best possible educational experience within an inclusive and embracing Christian setting.
- seek to achieve ambitious learning outcomes which meet and exceed expectations
- ensure children are well prepared for the next stage in their education, and
- support the development of well-rounded, confident pupils who have a strong sense of self-worth.
Our vision will be delivered by a rich and dynamic curriculum combined with a vibrant programme of enjoyable and educational enrichment activities including modern foreign languages, science and sport.
Key characteristics of the School will be:
- A non-fee paying Church of England School
- Co-educational Primary School serving the new communities of Brue Farm and Isleport in Highbridge
- Two-form entry; 60 pupils in each year group, and 420 places, initially opening with Reception classes and a Nursery
- Children from all backgrounds, of all abilities, and of all faiths and none, will be very welcome within a Christian ethos and emphasis on strong moral values
- Family friendly school at the heart of its community with breakfast/ after school clubs
- Working in partnership with the Wessex Learning Trust and Axbridge and Weare Church of England First Schools, and will deliver high quality provision and leadership from the outset supported by the Diocese of Bath & Wells
- Our emphasis that ‘All Can Achieve’ through the provision of teaching, support, and facilities which encourage and challenge all pupils, including pupils with additional needs and pupils who excel academically
- That our pupils leave having achieved their full potential academically; that they have developed a love of learning, are confident and kind, and are well-rounded individuals
- A dedicated and enthusiastic staff team will provide a happy and stimulating environment that enables children to grow as motivated, successful and independent learners
To register your support, please complete the short form.