Wessex CofE Primary Academy will provide a high quality educational experience to enable children to do the best they can and ensure they are prepared well for the next stage in their education.
We will provide a broad and balanced curriculum based on the National Curriculum via a robust curriculum plan designed to meet the learning needs of all pupils. This will focus on core learning, in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage which sets standards for the learning, development and care of children up to the end of Reception year. Curriculum planning and delivery will reflect the high quality offer of our other Ofsted Outstanding schools, where pupils achieve highly as a result of creativity woven through the curriculum, an unrelenting drive for deep learning and reflective assessment, supported by very positive teacher-pupil relationships.
As a free school we are able to offer a rich and dynamic curriculum. For example, including the teaching of a modern foreign language from an earlier stage than in most primary schools, as well as a focus on science and broad range of sport taking advantage.
The aims of our curriculum are to;
- enable all children to learn and develop their skills to the best of their ability;
- promote a positive attitude towards learning, so that children enjoy coming to school, and acquire a solid basis for lifelong learning;
- provide children with a firm foundation in the basic skills of literacy, numeracy and information technology as a springboard to competency in all areas of an enriched broad and balanced curriculum;
- enable children to be creative and to develop their own thinking;
- teach children about their developing world, including how their environment and society have changed over time;
- enable children to be positive and active citizens in society;
- fulfil all the requirements of the National Curriculum and the Locally Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education; and
- teach children to have an awareness of their own spiritual development, and to understand right from wrong.
We are also looking at incorporating Forest School methods. This inspiring outdoor education takes place in a forest or woodland setting and encourages the development of personal, social and technical skills via cross-curriculum topic-based learning.
Alongside our core curriculum, enrichment will be an important dimension at the school. Within the context of a supporting and inclusive Christian ethos, there will be a strong focus on the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of every pupil.
To register your support, please complete the short form.